Here I have detailed a few changes I would like to make from the core rules and setting.
- Knowledge Local will be replaced by specific Knowledge for each region. All characters will get Knowledge for their home region and characters who take Knowledge Local as a class feature will get to choose a second.
- I’m going to interpret the cosmology of Eberron as follows; Eberron, Faerun, Rokugan (Oriental Adventures), Daanvi, Fernia, Dal Quor, Irian, Kythri, Lammania, Mabar, Risia, Shavarath, Thelanis, and Xoriat will effectively be considered alternate material planes that occasionally bleed together. The Astral, Shadow and Ethereal planes will continue to exist as planes that as conduits between all planes and in direct parallel. Syriana will take the form of a Paradise for characters of exceptional worth while Dolurrh will serve as a default for the dead akin to the Hades of Greek myth or Purgatory. Khyber within Eberron itself will be the origin of demonic activity throughout the planes.
- As I understand the roll tables your must only pick one of the feats in your feat section and must put a skill point in each of the skills listed until skill points are exhausted or until all are filled. The starting gold will be determined by the original roll values for each class (since we are rolling anyways) in addition I will grant each character a fairly cheap item related to the gear section of their table. Reputation and contacts will not apply at this level so we will ignore them for now. Recognition will only be available to Matt and whoever plays the Gnome in which case some minor benefits will be conferred in roleplay if at character generation Matt makes a DC 26 Knowledge Religion Check or the Gnome Fighter makes a DC 24 Spot Check.
- I am considering all past campaigns since we started with Andrew a few years ago cannon for the world and the campaign itself will take place approximately 15 years after the original start date in the campaign setting. I estimate this to be roughly eight years after the campaign we are currently involved in will end. The major changes to the world are as follows; the Kundarak enclave in Sharn was destroyed and rebuilt following a terrorist attack from a Cult of the Dragon Below, Stormreach has been recently overrun by the undead and was rescued by agents of Vol who now hold great influence in the city, followers of Vol have been acting as insurgents in eastern Karnaath and in Atur, Reidran forces after a failed coup in Qbarra have been expelled from the country making it weaker, Reidra has additionally established outposts in the Demon Wastes and Shadow Marches rivaling their settlement in Xendrik, the number of outsiders walking the earth has increased following the brief presence of a dimensional rift on the Thrane-Brelish border.
- I am additionally including the following epilogues for the characters of the last campaign. Yoda after becoming a Gnoll seeks out the help of the Great Druid and sacrifices all her possessions to gain the druid’s help in restoring her form. She then returns to Aerenal and takes vows of poverty, Jim/Chim/Tim resumes his role as a sect leader and his teachings rise in prominence until he is second only to the Great Druid, Thea after determining the scholar was sacrificed resumes command of the Greyguard which she leads to become the most respected unit of Thrane’s military, Vadim returns to his stronghold and retires from adventuring he eventually morphs into a Gatsbyesque character within Karnaath’s social circles, Faisal retains his position in the Brelish government and rises to become Dean of Transmutation at Morgrave, Cucumber annexes Yoda’s lands following her departure and is appointed as Governor of Whitecliff by the King of Qbarra.
- In order to determine level advancement I’m going to use the variant rules contained on pg. 197 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide. Specifically I am using the requirement that in between levels characters must take 1d4 days of downtime per level before gaining the benefits of their new hit dice, features, skills, and feats.